Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Soulstorms

Though evil pounds loudly on my door

Tempting/scaring me in to its hells

Demanding more and more

Deceiving spirits lying- ‘all is well’

Offering ‘comforts’ for deserved strife

Believed lies cause woes to swell-


From this sad muddled corner

I hear this golden TruthGrain


“Find refuge in God

Not in your brain

Go to His safe place within

Where peace ever reigns”


It’s not ‘in dangerous streets’

Nor in a false love

Nor in ‘ drug meets’

Or a ‘fantasydove’ –


It’s a secret Godplace

Where He hears my heart cry-

It can be my piercing scream

Or my near-dead sigh

Rising from more than a dream, a lie-


Finally… my heart broken at its innerseam-

Savior’s entry destroying sins ‘black eyes.’

His Calm heals my soulstorm’s theme.


M. Helen Peterson

1/27/2011

No comments: